How to choose the right laundry room equipment for your multi-housing property
When it comes to selecting the best commercial laundry equipment, one thing to consider is the difference between top-load and front-load washers. How do you choose the best option for your multi-housing laundry space?
The decision comes down to the preferences of both you, as a multi-housing property owner or manager, and your residents. With our expertise, we can help you make the right choice. Below, we’ve outlined the most common differing factors that will help you come to a conclusion when it comes to leasing commercial laundry machinery.
The benefits of top-load washers
- Familiarity. In many cases, your residents may be more familiar with the use of top-load washers. Usage data also suggests top-load washers are used more often than front-load machines.
- Convenience. Top-load washer lids do not lock and can be easily accessed mid-cycle to accommodate the addition of last-minute or forgotten items.
- Speed. The wash cycle time of a top-load washer can be 10 to 30 minutes shorter than a front load washer (depending on load size and cycle selection).
- Durability. On average, top-load washers have far fewer service related calls than front-load washers.
- Sustainability. Washer design and efficiency has changed drastically over the last few years. Today’s top-load washers are much more energy efficient and use far less water than in years past.
The benefits of front-load washers
- Capacity. If not overstuffed, front-load washers can more effectively fit bulky laundry items like comforters and sleeping bags.
- Efficiency. Front-load washers are efficient in both space and resources. In some cases, their stackable design allows for the installation of more machines without the sacrifice of laundry room space.
- Economical. The high efficiency of front-load washers can mean operational cost savings on water and energy bills. Plus, with the ability to fit more of these machines, there’s potential for increased revenue share with more loads.
- Accessibility. Front load, front control washers are ADA compliant and are accessible to all your residents.
Washco offers top-quality commercial washing machine brands for lease including Maytag, Speed Queen and Whirlpool that can accommodate all of your needs. You even have the flexibility to fill your laundry room with a combination of both top-load and front-load washers so you can offer variety to your residents or guests who may have differing preferences. Regardless of which washer models you choose, Wascho is the right partner for your leased laundry program.
Our team of dedicated professionals will work with you to make the best decisions for your laundry room, whether you’re choosing between top-load vs front-load washers, or card-operated vs coin-operated laundry machines. We’ll even install your leased equipment for free and provide ongoing complimentary maintenance of your machines.
When you’re ready to learn more about leasing commercial laundry equipment with Washco, give us a call at 844-342-0187 or fill out an online proposal request here.